"Becoming Victoria"


I am honoured and excited to have been invited by the Llandrindod Wells Victorian Festival committee to appear as a young Queen Victoria at this year's festival from 22nd-28th August 2016. In preparation for this role I will be designing and making the costumes for the young queen over the coming months. These will be authentic reproductions of the fashions of the early years of Victoria's reign and will include a range of 1840s women's garments from corsets and petticoats to day dresses, ball gowns and bonnets. This blog will document and share my progress as I research, design and stitch each element to reveal the secrets of "Becoming Victoria".

Sunday 21 August 2016

Looking forward to tomorrow

Only a few more hours to go....

The Llandrindod Wells Victorian Festival starts tomorrow and I am looking forward to being able to wear my finished costumes.  I will be appearing as the young Queen Victoria from 12 noon tomorrow and look forward to meeting anyone who has been following the blog that will be attending the festival. For those of you not attending, I will share pictures from the various events here throughout the week. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Photograph by Rob S Reynolds - from the Llandrindod Wells Victorian Festival Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments and questions here