"Becoming Victoria"


I am honoured and excited to have been invited by the Llandrindod Wells Victorian Festival committee to appear as a young Queen Victoria at this year's festival from 22nd-28th August 2016. In preparation for this role I will be designing and making the costumes for the young queen over the coming months. These will be authentic reproductions of the fashions of the early years of Victoria's reign and will include a range of 1840s women's garments from corsets and petticoats to day dresses, ball gowns and bonnets. This blog will document and share my progress as I research, design and stitch each element to reveal the secrets of "Becoming Victoria".

Tuesday 30 August 2016

So tired!!!

Minus 2 days to go!! I can't believe the week flew by so quickly but I am glad to finally be able to sit down and take a break. I had an absolutely fabulous week but it was such a whirlwind. Apologies to any readers that have been waiting for photographs but I never had time to log on to the computer, never mind upload any pictures. However, I have finally downloaded the pictures from the camera and have also been sent some excellent images from photographers who were visiting the festival.

These are just a few shots that were very kindly shared with me by Neil Tudor. I will post more of the pictures of different events later on, once I have had a chance to sort through them. Many thanks to Neil for these beautiful shots which he so kindly sent to me today.

Photography by Neil Tudor
Photography by Neil Tudor
Photography by Neil Tudor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments and questions here